Wednesday 21 January 2015

Lights of Soho Presents: Gods Own Junkyard

So recently, Time out had posted and event/exhibition called Gods own junk yard, This was presented by the lights of Soho. I had been meaning to go here for a while, But just did not know who to ask. I don't know what it is about neon lights, but I love them, There so exciting,


After a while I forgot I wanted to come here, Until I was scrolling down my Instagram Feed only to see Emily Bett had been here. For those of you who do not know who Emily Bett is, She plays Felicity Smock on the CW show Arrow, based on Oliver queen (The Green Arrow.... you know... Bruce Wayne's Mate). So I Adore her she's pretty awesome, On screen and off!  


Although these place was pretty small... it was awesome, and expensive... well the entry was free, Purchasing these signs were another story. but hey... what do I know about Neon Signs haha. Before i show you all the fancy lights I saw, Lets have a little history listen, just because the artist warehouse is like 20 minutes down the road from me (by car of course).

So Chris Bracey is a British artist and designer also known as ''The Neon Man''. He had the largest collection of neon signs and sculptures. He recently passed away at the age of 59, He owned Gods own Junk yard in Walthamstow, East London. Bracey was very well known in the fashion industry creating displays for catwalks and large known retailers. He originally started designing signs for sex shops in Soho then went on to success by having he's creations used in films like Bladerunner, Eyes wide shut, batman and many more.














Pretty Exhibition right?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Sinceriously London