Thursday 25 February 2016

Bibigo : Angel

Guys?!?? I have a confession, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE KOREAN FOOD, probably more than TOP from big bang, as gorgeous as he is, for those of you who haven’t seen him in real life, pictures don’t do him beauty justice. I love Korean food more than him.

Picture Taken from http://stylematters.co.uk
 My Go to place in London use to be Seoul bakery near Center Point, but since its move I haven’t been. Anyway to talk about what we originally are here to talk about.  BIBIGO have a restaurant in Angel, about 5 minutes’ walk from the station.

It was my friend’s birthday and as usual every year everyone in my group would have surprise birthday. So I suggested BIBIGO as she has the same passion for Korean food as I do.

For those of you who don’t know about BIBIGO they usually do packaged food, I’ve tried there kimichi before but other that I know of them from the Korean business and entertainment exhibition as PSY (Gangnam style, gentleman & Hangover) was their spokesperson. I already knew of this brand so when I saw their restaurant I knew I had to try it out and this was the perfect opportunity.

Picture taken from: http://www.neodigm.com/blog/index_detail.asp?E_NO=659
It has been a while since my visit, im going to try my best to remember what I can.

So starting with the interior (which is usually the selling point for me), its really nice in an oriental kind of way. Very spacious and mellowed out. The lighting is dim its almost romantic but it’s a really nice restaurant to wind down in. Saying that can we just take a moment to admire the beautiful interior please?

Picture taken from stylematters.co.uk
Picture Taken from stylematters.co.uk
Its gorgeous aint it?

The pricing isn’t too expensive but it’s not cheap either.  The mains are average priced, starters are a bit pricey I think the desserts were okay priced too. From the date this review is written they have some decent lunch time offers. So its work checking out, but to get the full experience I would go in the evening. It’s a good place to go for a quite intimate meal.

I have to say the food was nice, it was presented beautifully and our waiter was great. I can’t express how much of a calm and relaxing experience it was. I went to the branch in angel but they also have a branch in Soho (what doesn’t Soho have?) We ordered the following




This is known as Tteokbokki, The tubey looking things are made out of rice cakes, its dumped in to a sweet and spicy type source. Its very chewy and flavoursome. This was quite nice, i do prefer the one from seoul bakery just because it has cheese and egg and spring onions and fish cakes. I usually make this at home at times.


Fried calamari with fried okra (Lord knows I love okra) with citrus soy sauce. This was delicious and the sauce was really nice you could taste the soy and it had citrus in it just the right amount to give you a kick too it and not be over whelming.


I cant remember what my friends ordered, I think it was the bimbimbap, i thought id try something different so i ordered the Korean wedding noodles also known as Janchi Guksu. The word Janchi means feast or banquet, this is apparently served at special occasions like weddings and big birthday. 

It had vegetables topped on wheat noodles, really fine noodles with anchovy stock served with soy chilli sauce. What can I say, it was nice, really filling I struggle to finish it. It didn't have a really strong taste. It had the right amount of flavour, but then again I am happy to eat things with less flavour as much as i like to eat food with a lot of flavour. 


I have always wanted to try this dessert. Its usually a popular street food, The excitement that they sell this in a restaurant in the UK was too much. So this is called a Bibigo Goldfish, Its basically a waffle shapes as a fish and filled with red bean cream. Bibigo serve this with their home made vanilla, ground almonds and berries. This was delicious, I wasn't sure about the red bean cream but you know what? everything complimented each other. 

Guy is anything you need to go here for the goldfish, seriously just go for the fish, you need the fish in your life, specially a waffle fish with red bean cream served with ice cream. Try the fish, really try it... okay il stop know but Remember the fish!

Overall I’m really pleased with experience, atmosphere and quality of the food. If you guys do go let me know if you had the goldfish. how you felt about the fish, and if you enjoyed the fish. 

http://bibigouk.com

Angel Branch: Address: 407 St John St, London EC1V 4RW

Soho Branch: Address: 58-59 Great Marlborough St, London W1F 7JY

Take Care guys

xXx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Sinceriously London